Posted on Oct 9, 2020 by CP Rochester
We are currently seeking aDENTAL HYGIENISTto JoinCP ROCHESTERS FAMILY DENTAL CENTER
In this position you will be responsible for cleaning and polishing teeth; implement and evaluate dental hygiene care; provide proper oral hygiene instructions; examine head, neck and intraoral areas for signs of oral disease; take x-rays; apply fluoride or sealants; ensure infection control policy is followed..
* Clean calcareous deposits, accretions and stains from teeth and below margins of gingiva, using dental instruments (scaling and root planning; prophy).
* Assess for signs of health and disease in the oral cavity; identify dental hygiene problems; implement and evaluate dental hygiene care.
* Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
* Examine gums, using probes, to locate and measure receded gingiva and signs of gingivitis or periodontal disease.
* Apply fluoride and other caries preventing agents to strengthen teeth and prevent dental decay; apply sealants to prevent pit and fissure caries.
* Take radiographs.
* Provide proper oral hygiene instructions for brushing and flossing; help patients to set oral health goals and collaborate with them, family and staff to meet their goals; counsel patients to control dietary sugar intake.
* Take impressions for study casts.
* Remove sutures and dressings.
* Prepare work area and instruments; keep work area neat and orderly; maintain and sharpen instruments; clean, oil and set up equipment; disinfect surfaces; sterilize instruments; set up instrument trays.
* Review patients medical histories and consult with dentist and/or physician about any special care needs.
* Infiltrate local anesthetic agents and administer nitrous oxide, if certified.
* Provide dental health education and conduct in-services to augment services of dentist.
* Work chairside with dentist, as needed, during examinations and treatments.
* Achieve program or department goals by performing other responsibilities as required.
* Maintain quality control.
* Performs other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or his/her designee.
HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT:This is a part-time position starting with 1 day per week on Thursdays with the possibility of adding an additional day on Wednesdays. Hours of work are during program hours 8:00am-4:30pm. Evening work may be required as job duties demand.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.