Azure Network & Security Engineer - routing, switching, cloud
Posted on Oct 9, 2020 by Empiric Solutions
Azure Network & Security Engineer - routing, switching, cloud, Firewalls
New long term freelance opportunity for a Network Security Engineer with Azure Cloud experience to join our leading client on a long term, Pan-European Infrastructure Transformation prorgamme shifting away from Legacy systems and moving into the cloud.
The ideal candidate for this role must have proven experience of Legacy Networking and Security technologies but also have experience in a Cloud environment, specifically Microsoft Azure.
Candidate should be technically skilled within the following:
- Good knowledge of the IP protocol, routing concept, Firewalling and DNS
- Capacity to configure network and security related resources in Azure (eg VNet, Subnets, Routes, Network Security Group, Application Security Group, Firewalls )
- Good understanding of the distributed Firewall concept and its implications.
- Capacity to analyse and troubleshooting connectivity and performance problems in a software defined environment
- Experience in implementing changes and providing support in a network hybrid environment (software defined network and hardware based network)
- Good communication skills on technical and on technical subjects.
Daily rate is €400 - €425 per day, 12 month initial contract.
This will be starting remotely, then will be on-site.
Empiric is one of the fastest-growing technology and transformation recruitment agency's specialising in data, digital, cloud and security. We supply technology and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals. We are committed to delivering more female candidates and those from minority backgrounds and be instrumental in changing the gender and diversity imbalance within the tech sector.