Senior Manager of Security Operations
Posted on Oct 8, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Manager of Security Operations. This manager will be responsible for managing and supporting all the technology that runs all the security on and all client connections consumer requests and will lead and manage a team of 10 Firewall network server changes. They will manage over database, networking, SIEM, and they will need experience with securing an Azure cloud environment.
- Have overall responsibility for Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Maintain the service management plan for Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Ensure that processes and technical capabilities are implemented according to approved goals and policies.
- Monitor and track the maturity of Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Proactively identify service improvement opportunities.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all concerns in the context of Cybersecurity Operations services
- Act as an expert for Cybersecurity Operations services on technical and non-technical concerns
- Maintain core service documentation.
- Have situational awareness of all events, situations, and changes impacting Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Report regularly on the service to senior leadership.
- Create target state and implementation roadmap for cybersecurity operations processes and supporting technology.
- Lead maturity efforts to implement the process and technology roadmap.
- Deliver a full suite of system life cycle and IT service management activities to support security platforms, including: availability and continuity management, capacity management, customer relationship management supplier relationship management, incident management, problem management, configuration management, change management, reporting, and release and deployment management.
- Design and implement all changes to technical security solution configurations.
- Provide security system owners a suite of service management activities focused on the configuration and maintenance of the security functions of the solution, including customer relationship management, supplier relationship management, incident management, problem management, configuration management, change management, release and deployment management, service request management, reporting, and continuous service improvement.
- Ensure that integrations with or agent deployments of security systems, eg log feeds from Servers or anti-malware agent deployments, continue to exceed established thresholds for environmental saturation and coverage. Provide support and troubleshooting for new integrations or agent deployments.
- Report to senior leadership on the overall health and effectiveness of security platforms.
- Establish and maintain expertise in a wide variety of security technologies, including, but not limited to, vulnerability scanning, data loss prevention, intrusion prevention, application Firewalls, web proxies, multi-factor authentication, database security monitoring, sensitive data discovery, and PKI.
- Proven experience in securing a public cloud environment (eg AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with configuring and deploying CASB, DLP, WAF, IDS, and other security solutions.
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Experience defining and managing a set of interconnected processes.
- Experience measuring and reporting on operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Encouraging employee growth and development.
- Leading a moderately complex project to completion.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate related work experience; or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field and 4 years of related work experience.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.