Microsoft Dynamics Development Lead
Posted on Oct 8, 2020 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Auxilion is looking for a Development Lead to join our practice supporting the delivery of our client projects. As a Development Lead you will be working with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM and the Power Platform. We are looking for a Development Lead that understands how to leverage the Power Platform group of products to build complex business solutions, analyse and create data visualisations, automate business processes, or build virtual agents for communication.
What you get to do in this role:
We are looking for someone that enjoys leading technical project teams.
As Development Lead you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the project, taking ownership of the end-to-end process.
- Develop & Deliver best in-class functionality from using Microsoft technologies.
- Solution envisioning and design in agile and waterfall development environments primarily with Dynamics as a platform, but introducing other elements of the Microsoft technology stack where necessary (Dynamics, ASP.NET MVC, SharePoint, SQL Server, Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI)
- Communicate with business stakeholders and business analysts to ensure the solution design meets requirements
- Maintain strong relationship with the customer and identify opportunities for further project work for both the practice and the other Auxilion teams.
- Take part in the pre-sales process, providing input to tenders and bids when necessary and prototyping and demoing solutions to potential customers
- Work with senior members of the Practice on developing and implementing operational improvements within the team
- Assist in project planning process, in estimating development effort and allocation of development and testing tasks
- Identify project risks and participate in defining risk mitigation and control activities.
- Make recommendations on the allocation of resources to projects according to skills and capacity and provide mentoring support to developer resources
- Work closely with developers to ensure implementations are in line with the proposed design and overall standards
- Work as part of the development team on smaller projects towards a quality, on-time delivery
- Evaluate new products and 3rd party components when the need arises to assess their fitness for purpose
- Maintain lean documentation, ensuring it is kept relevant and useful
In order to be successful in this role -
Our ideal candidate will combine deep functional and technical knowledge of the Dynamics product (and the wider Microsoft technology stack) with excellent client engagement and consulting skills. You will have worked before in a customer-facing role and will quickly adapt to and understand unfamiliar industry sectors and business processes.
Skills and experience in the following technologies are essential:
- Microsoft Dynamics, including extension development
- .NET/C#/ASP.NET MVC
- Microsoft SQL Server )
- Team Foundation Server/Visual Studio Online/Azure DevOps
Some experience in the following technologies would be advantageous but not essential.
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SSIS/SSAS
- Unit Testing Frameworks (such as NUnit)
- Microsoft Web Services (ASMX/WCF)
Candidates with active Microsoft certifications will be looked upon favourably.
Candidates are expected to have experience in the following non-technical areas:
- Customer requirements gathering
- Systems analysis and design
- Good understanding of core project management principles and the overall software development life cycle
- Presentation and proposal writing
Our Company, Auxilion - About Us
Work matters. It's where we spend a third of our lives. At Auxilion we strive to be a great place to work, with career opportunities and development of people in our DNA. Our competitive advantage is how we support our clients on their journey.
Our people have a passion for their work, our culture and values. Whether your focus is technical, sales, finance or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.