Quantity Surveyor - Remote Working - €400-€450 P/Day - 12 Month contra
Posted on Oct 8, 2020 by OCC Computer Personnel
Quantity Surveyor - Remote Working - €400-€450 P/Day - 12 Month contract
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 5 years' experience to join our clients' team. The contract on offer will be for 12 months initially with extensions likely to follow. Initially, you will work remotely until the current pandemic permits safe working and travel onsite again.
The Quantity Surveyor role will encompass all aspects of quantity surveying and cost management for our full range of civil engineering projects including electrical substation and infrastructure developments, ducting & cabling works, general civil engineering and construction projects. The role will encompass close liaison with other design professionals, clients and contractors.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Cost management function throughout all phases of a project
- Preparation of Order of Magnitude Costs
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Liaison with procurement function
- Tender assessment and evaluation
- Post Contract Commercial Management duties
- Report writing and interpretation
- Promote the safety management culture across all activities demonstrating visible commitment to safety.
- Ensure that Quality Procedures are implemented on all projects.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Quantity Surveying experience of 5 years (Post Qualification)
- Proven track record of delivery projects on time and to the highest professional standards
- Self-motivation and ability to project-manage own work and coordinate with those working
- alongside him/her
- Proven record of being results driven and customer oriented.
- Full driving licence and access to a car.
- A flexible approach to work, especially where necessary to deliver excellent customer service
- Knowledge of the administration of main conditions of contract including FIDIC Conditions of Contract
- Ability to make quality decisions and judgements
- A logical, yet imaginative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work and share knowledge and competencies within a team structure
- A clear focus on delivery of high-quality work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing skills
The role will be worked remotely until restrictions are lifted. You will then be required to work from our client's office in Dublin as well as client site visits. Client site visits will be expenses.