DevOps Support Engineer
Posted on Oct 8, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
For a big client of ours in the Oil and Gas industry we are looking for an experienced DevOps Support Engineer.
Start: ASAP (max 1 months notice)
Location: South Holland
Duration: 1 year + possible extensions
As part of the New Energies IT Operations team, the DevOps Support Engineer is responsible for delivering Secure and Reliable IT Operations and Support for applications in the New Energies business. In this role, the DevOps Engineer provides in-house Level 2 and 1 support, builds expert for the applications in the New Energies portfolio and provides support in Incident Management processes. The DevOps Engineer typically gets involved in appropriately testing various changes to the application/infrastructure services through the Development, Test, Staging environment and performing Post-Production Testing to ensure technical changes have been correctly applied, as well as user escalations for generic IT services consumed by the business. You will be both delivering and operating applications and platforms in the New Energies space. Dimensions: New Energies IT is a growing team and interfaces with various other delivery teams and suppliers supporting our applications. The New Energies' landscape will evolve with high focus on Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability directly impacting the support intensity and assurance. Virtual working in a global environment with culturally diverse teams. Managing multiple delivery priorities. Working with multiple stakeholders in various organizations.
Skills & Requirements:
- Main technology stack includes; AWS (eg S3, RDS), GitLab, C#, OOPS concepts, AngularJS, React, .net, Terraform, Prometheus & Elastic, APIs (MuleSoft, Postman, Soap UI etc.), database query languages
- Experience in applications support and support processes (eg ITIL Foundation certified)
- Kubernetes, Docker, Familiarity with Python and Airflow
- Knowledge of Agile principles, usage of visual tasks boards, (prioritization of) product backlogs, daily scrums etc.
- General awareness on test automation tools (eg Cucumber, Specflow, Selenium)
- Support Delivery team; developing front and Back End architecture and apps, designing user interactions on webpages, creating Servers and databases, working alongside UX for web design features, designing and developing APIs.
- Great collaborator with natural teams, willing to take ownership, strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills to work with multiple stakeholders across organizational and business boundaries at all levels
- Awareness on EV Charging/OCPP (open charge point protocol) is beneficial
Our client has a start-up culture that emphasizes transparency, collaboration and career growth, with the ability to work on small, nimble teams. Our team members can create change at scale and have an opportunity to truly disrupt and shape.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.