Java Developer - DevOps, Zurich
Posted on Oct 8, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Our Client, a Swiss Global Bank who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking an experienced Java Developer with a Dev Ops profile for an initial 12 months with a strong likelihood for extension to be based at their Zurich site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Environment Management to automate build, packaging and deployment process for production deployments for new modules, upgrades and fixes within the production environment.
- Make modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer.
- Create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance.
- Troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those.
- Research and development of new cross-asset platform based on our strategic trading trade management system
- Learning about and gathering new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company in order to grow the agile development environment
- Collaborating with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
The successful incumbent will possess:
- Proven track record of developing enterprise, multi-tier applications in particular web services, Client Server and Server Side application programming that also include data management aspects in Java 8 or above (core Java)
- Wide knowledge in operating system administration, programming languages and cloud platform deployment (CaaS, docker)
- Profound knowledge in various Scripting languages, system & server administration and mass system deployments
- Experience working in a complex heterogeneous IT infrastructure environment and Agile methodology
- Very good understanding of Object Oriented Design and programming
- Experience with all phases of the software/system life cycle process
- Bachelor, Master in Science (Computer, Math etc.) or Engineering
If the candidate possesses experience in Cassandra (or custom big data), service discovery engines (Consul, Spring Cloud or custom solutions), Kafka, EIP (Spring integration or Apache Camel) BDD (JBehave or Cucumber) with deep knowledge about Spring framework suite: Core, Boot, Caching, and has experience in working with distributed, highly available transaction processing systems, this would be highly advantageous.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.