Global Category Leader (Science)
Posted on Oct 8, 2020 by Experis AG
Global Category Leader - Science
Our client, a leading science-based agtech company, is currently seeking a Global Category Leader - Science, where you will Lead the Global Science Category team, setting and implementing procurement strategies for both areas of accountability that are aligned with the overall corporate strategic priorities and enable the delivery of value to the Business.
- This leadership role requires cross-functional and cross-regional cooperation and influencing to agree and ensure implementation of global procurement strategies, challenge the existing ways of working across functions and geographies, and bring in innovative solutions from suppliers that provide advantages in cost and/or quality of service
- Introduce external and internal best practice processes and tools to all science spend areas
- Take ownership of the global science procurement strategy and our commitments as a team
- Act as an ambassador of Indirect Procurement
- Develop robust succession and individual development plans for all team members
- Manage purchasing expenditure controlled. Deliver agreed savings in procurement category.
- Lead the direct reports to fully understand our client's demand in Science categories, develop, align and deliver global and regional sourcing strategies achieving the agreement and support of key clients and Category Network Team.
- Build strong relationships with, and network throughout, the internal customer base in order to set sourcing priorities, communicate strategies and to understand and develop the customers' requirements of suppliers (KPIs)
- Develop, support and where appropriate, lead multifunctional Sourcing Teams and projects to achieve contracts, orders or agreements that are aligned with the sourcing strategies and hence deliver substantial savings agreed with line management and clients
- Manage strategic relationship and ensure that the governance process functions effectively and in alignment with Procurement strategy.
- Ensure early Procurement/Sourcing engagement with Development teams -provide framework
Critical knowledge and education
- Relevant degree in Science or Business, qualification eg MBA would be an asset
- In-depth knowledge of internal procurement procedures and processes
- Deep knowledge of the relevant supply markets
- Knowledge of financial management
- Strong procurement experience in a global senior procurement role
- Working in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment
- Project team leadership (geographically dispersed and cross-functional with proven results)
- Proven record of success in negotiations with suppliers at high levels
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Capability in developing sourcing strategies and leading their implementation
- In depth knowledge of procurement procedures and processes, and solid knowledge of the external trends and best practice
- Leadership of complex Global sourcing teams and projects
- Ability to develop meaningful performance measures for categories with stakeholders
- Strategy development and implementation
- Development of strategic relationships with suppliers
- Contract management skills
- Ability to influence peers and indirectly managed teams
- Strong communication and presentation competencies
If you are a result-oriented Category Leader looking for a challenging new position that applies to your skills, then we look forward to receiving your application!