Java Developer (J2EE, Agile, Digital)
Posted on Oct 7, 2020 by The Bridge Ltd
Job Title: Java Developer (hiring at mid and senior level)
Location: Leeds - remote working options available
Salary: £Very attractive salary and benefits package available
Assessments: Remote interviewing and onboarding process
Here at The Bridge, we have been engaged to help drive a recruitment campaign on a major IT Transformation programme. Our client is a market leading global business who are investing a significant amount of money to transform how they deliver their digital products and services.
We have a range of exciting opportunities for Java Developers who will join the early stages of the programme. Our client is offering a market leading salary and benefits package and can offer remote working options.
We are looking for.
- You have proven of hands-on experience in developing in the Java/J2EE platform and solid experience writing and maintaining service-oriented RESTful APIs and performance tuning of large-scale apps
- You have knowledge of Object-Oriented paradigms, SOLID principles and software design patterns
- You have knowledge of relational database systems, SQL and other technologies
- You are experienced with integration into Back Office systems (eg, ERP)
- You have a strong ability to write effective unit, integration, and API tests
- You have experience with WebSphere or other similar enterprise application Servers
- Knowledge of DevOps, infrastructure as a code and provisioning tools (preferred)
- As a Java Developer, you will integrate the applications with all required systems and services and provide clean and easy to use APIs. You'll have responsibility for the application's functionality, performance and scalability.
- You will build and coach high performing teams and ensure Scrum practices are used and improved.
- You will always look for ways to strengthen teams understanding of Agile/Scrum concepts and principles.
- You will identify trade-offs between short and long term benefits to drive a shared vision between the team and Product Owner.
- You will ensure teams actions are aligned with the project goals/vision
- You will foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect, adapt, and improve.
If you are available and looking for your next digital development project, our client could be an ideal destination for you. You will work alongside collaborative, highly skilled people who will help you reach your full potential. You can be assured your voice will always be heard in a culture based on merit, equality, diversity, and inclusivity.
For further information, please email hit the Apply button!