Lead API Gateway Engineer/Apigee
Posted on Oct 7, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Lead Apigee Engineer. Candidate will lead some API Gateway and/or Management initiatives on the team. Candidate will be responsible to implement new Apigee API Gateway solutions on the internal/on premise cloud and also help maintain and support the existing CA API Gateway platform. The position will be based in the heart of downtown Charlotte.
- Design, build, maintain and support the Apigee infrastructure
- Maintain and support the existing CA API Gateway infrastructure
- Help establish the model of Platform As A Service (PAAS) for our team
- automate a lot of the manual tasks the team work on to achieve the goal of establishing the Platform As A Service
- Work on the installation of Apigee On-Prem and on the Company AWS on premise cloud in partnership with Architecture and the Cloud Engineering teams
- Design and implement API Gateway solutions
- Lead analytical and consulting working sessions to solve technical problems faced by the application teams trying to onboard to Apigee and/or the CA API Gateway
- Facilitate DR (Disaster Recovery) exercises to ensure that the team are fully prepared in the event of a catastrophe
- Lead Capacity Planning and Management activities to ensure that the Apigee platform will be able to handle additional transactions in the future
- Help troubleshoot and resolve production issues related to the Apigee platform and the CA API Gateway.
- Lead root cause analysis session to understand what causes particular issues in Production and come up with solutions that will prevent them from happening in the future
- Ensure documentation is created and remain updated for Apigee and/or CA Gateway related work
- Build relationship with the client application teams to understand their business needs and requirements for the Apigee Platform and also coach them on how to use the platform to the full extent.
- Mentor Junior Engineers to acquire Apigee knowledge and more experiences
- Strong troubleshooting skills in the API Management and Gateway space (Mainly Apigee).
- Apigee and/or CA API Gateway Knowledge - Infrastructure build and maintenance, Gateway setup, Oauth configuration
- Knowledge on Policy creation/Template development and operational support within Apigee and/or CA API Gateway.
- Basic knowledge of Cloud Architecture, Cloud Security; Cloud platforms (Ideally AWS)
- Infrastructure automation in AWS
- Good knowledge of Ansible
- Ability to write groovy scripts
- Strong understanding of UNIX operating systems and Shell Scripting
- Experience with CICD Tools (Jenkins, GitHub)
- Good understanding of REST API and JSON
- Knowledge of existing API Testing Tools (Postman, SoapUI, or any equivalent tools)
- Experience with high availability, load balancing and failover configurations with Apigee
- Experience in designing and implementing API platform for high traffic API solutions
- Ability to apply security, throttling, OAuth 2.0, TLS, certificates, KeyStore, and Trust store for the Apigee platform
- Experience with Apigee Management APIs and integration to the enterprise systems including Infrastructure & Application monitoring, Approval, Authorization and Authentication, Logging, and Continuous integration/Continuous Deploy (CI/CD), and Developer Portal, etc.
- Have previously worked on an enterprise platform team that supports multiple Software Development product teams
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or sufficient prior experiences
- 4 years of experience supporting Apigee as a Platform
- Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Basic understanding of Cassandra and Zookeeper
- Basic understanding of Python scripts and be able to update them if needed
- 4 Years of experience with Ansible
- 1-2 Years of experience with Groovy scripts
- Experience on implementing Platform AS A Service (PAAS)
- Great team player and open to collaborate with others across the Company Enterprise
- Highly engaged and motivated
- Great communication skills
- Willing to go the extra miles to get things done
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Development experiences with Apigee Edge
- Knowledge of Systems and Networking - TCP and IP, Switching, Routing, Firewalls, Load Balancing