Software QA Analyst Sr
Posted on Oct 7, 2020 by Starbucks Coffee Company
Software QA Analyst Sr
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others. Payments Technology is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Starbucks Technology responsible for processing billions of dollars throughout the world. Our mission is to optimize and deliver industry leading payment experiences at Starbucks and low friction consumer experiences. You will be deeply involved the testing and automation of highly available, scalable and resilient services and will partner with product owners to validate new capabilities and features. The focus of this role will be on retail customer experiences and includes cloud, data center, and in-store technologies. In this role, you will make recommendations and architect improvements to test procedures and assist with the development and implementation of test processes, methods and tools. You will influence the work of other software quality assurance analysts, developers, business and systems analysts responsible for software testing that meets software quality acceptance criteria and production release timeframes while delivering technology solutions for our business. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles. This position will require being onsite a couple days a week. As a Sr QA analyst, your responsibilities will include: Quality Control and Test Management
- Develop, maintain, and execute software quality assurance test requirements, plans, scenarios, cases, and scripts starting at the design phase though the test phase for assigned on-going sustainment and project work.
- Ensures that software quality assurance test artifacts are applicable, repeatable, traceable, retrievable, and cataloged for reuse within assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Participates in requirements and design reviews, and/or product planning sessions to proactively validate appropriate applicability, usability and testability. Reviews functional and technical specifications for accuracy, feasibility, testability, and clarity.
- Documents test executions and reproduces test results for failed test cases. Logs defects diligently and accurately in designated defect tracking tools
Quality Management and Governance
- Performs and supervises test planning, design, scripting and execution of the operational, environmental and compatibility aspects of software application and system testing. Utilizes and follows current test management standards and practices.
- Develops and implements testing operational standards, software quality assurance practices and procedures for use by applicable test and development teams. Follows current test management standards and practices.
- Participates in defining software quality assurance testing best practices, initiates and documents processes and procedure improvements. Ensures software quality assurance practices and procedures are followed, and service levels are maintained.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of test plans, tools and methodologies. Provides assessment information on testing impacts on related business and functional units, as well as identifies monitors and documents improvement opportunities.
- Supports architecting, designing, and implementing new and existing testing tools and methods in collaboration with software quality assurance management, project management, development and technical specialists, as well as vendor product consultants.
- Acts as liaison between application developers and software quality assurance testers.
We would love to hear from people with:
- 4+ years of professional industry experience testing .NET Core / C# enterprise-scale applications.
- Scripting experience and ability to write/execute complex SQL queries for identifying defects.
- Team player who exhibits effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Strong understanding of the payment processing industry including card-present, certification and PCI information security standards.
- Experience with working on a public cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Familiarity with testing and automating containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working with and understanding distributed systems and architectures, including SOA, SaaS and microservices approaches.
- Knowledge of test management processes, both functional and non-functional test planning and execution, version control and defect tracking methods using associated tools
- Experience with software quality assurance testing related to release management.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at or via email at