IT Developer - Java/Backbone.js
Posted on Oct 7, 2020 by Church International Ltd.
We have an excellent opportunity for a skilled developer to join one of our financial clients in Brussels on an exciting contract initially on a 6-month basis. Absolutely must have development experience with both Java and BackboneJS, and ideally experience within an agile environment. Primary language is English, plus speaking one local language (French or Dutch) would be a huge plus. The contract will be for an initial period of 6 months but can continue indefinitely.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Elaboration of detailed technical design
- New development or maintenance of code according to enterprise standards, and considering required quality and performance levels.
- Unit testing
- Contribution to the preparation of the installation in production - including integration and assembly testing
- Support test management in the execution of tests (including bug fixing)
- Quality review of detailed design and code provided by external suppliers
- Documentation of development activities (design, code, unit testing, code review)
There will be some requirement to be on-site (currently one out of every three weeks). This opportunity is NOT available as a fully remote role.
Church International Ltd (CIL) acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. CIL is a committed equal opportunities employer.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.