Principal Scientist, Basel
Posted on Oct 7, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Our Client, a Global Pharmaceutical who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a Principal Scientist to be based at their Basel site for an initial 12-month contract with a strong likelihood for extension.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Your main responsibility will be to design, develop, validate and execute various bioanalytical assays to characterize and assess the biological activity (potency) of biopharmaceuticals in clinical development within Technical Development Biosimilars (TDB) department of TRD.
- In this position, you will work with 2-3 laboratory associates and you will be designing and developing a range of bioanalytical methods, including target binding assays, cell-based potency assays, immunoassays and you will be using state-of-the-art read-out methods such as chemiluminescence, fluorescence (eg, FACS) and immunological techniques (eg, ELISA, FRET).
- Furthermore, you will be a member of several project teams and will contribute to the preparation of clinical trial applications and registration documents.
The successful incumbent will possess:
- PhD and preferably postdoctoral experience in life sciences with strong background in cell biology and/or biochemistry
- Sound knowledge of English is required; knowledge of German is desirable.
- Experience in development of cell-based assays and immunoassays, preferably in an industrial setting
- Knowledge and/or experience of working under GxP would be highly desirable
If you are curious by nature with a profound scientific education, highly flexible and experienced in working in a highly dynamic pharmaceutical environment this is an opportunity for you!
We welcome applications of consultants' who match most of the above requirements and are available on a short notice. There is a competitive daily rate available for the contract; alternative market rates are also welcome.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.