Full Stack Developer
Posted on Oct 7, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Overview of business area or project:
The Portfolio Solutions IT team works at the very heart of the Bank's International Wealth Management. We are responsible for the development and maintenance of the key advisory systems in the bank, which are in use on a global scale within the Group.
We manage a complex application landscape including professional investment portfolio construction tools and mobile applications used during client meetings. We also leverage modern portfolio optimization techniques to automate parts of the investment advice and offer a rich set of analyses to evaluate the investments of our clients.
The relationship managers guide the clients through an advisory process with the help of our applications, enabling our client advisors to understand the clients' goals, define an appropriate investment strategy, monitor the impact and performance of the investments and comply with all the regulatory requirements.
We continuously extend the functionality of our applications to meet the latest business needs. In 2021 we plan to further improve our global footprint with exciting new initiatives.
- Implement high quality, reusable and well tested software solutions (Front End as well as Back End)
- Build new functionalities and extend the existing application(s)
- Work closely with our business colleagues as well as other disciplines (eg, requirement engineers) to elaborate technical solutions out of the requirements
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Write high quality technical documentation
- Support other team members (eg, requirements engineering, testing) when needed
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities):
The IT projects in the Portfolio Solutions department are lead and implemented by several delivery teams (some located onsite in Zurich and other located offshore). Each team consists of 7 to 10 team members and is independent, covering all the disciplines, from requirement engineering, to development, until testing. The delivery teams are supported by a central infrastructure team and by the program leads. Scrum Team is based in CH. This role will be part of one of our onsite delivery teams.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- The complexity and very dynamic nature of the projects in our area require a fast adaptation attitude
- The chance (but also the challenge) to work closely with business representatives to shape new business solutions
- Deliver high quality software solutions coping with challenging timelines and a dynamic environment
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent abstract and analytical thinking plus problem solving skills
- Bachelor in Information Technology or Engineering (Master is a strong plus)
- A self-starter, being able to take ownership of tasks on short-notice and work under pressure
- Excellent team player
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented programming patterns and principles with very good Java know-how (2+ years) (enterprise context is a plus)
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Experience of best-practices in an enterprise development environment (eg, test-driven development, continuous integration, source code control)
- Familiar with the multi-browser and multi-device programming and debugging
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Be a dynamic, result/goal oriented individual who can handle an exciting environment and react quickly to changing client needs
- Banking know-how: financial Instruments, portfolio theory, portfolio management processes, advisory process and regulations (eg, MiFiD II - Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II)
- Proven experience on large projects and on large scale, performance sensitive software systems
- Performance analysis and tuning skill set (UI as well as Back End)
- German is a plus
Candidate Value Proposition:
Get the opportunity to work in a very dynamic and challenging environment, as well as directly contribute to the creation of the next generation digital capabilities in the financial sector, especially in the area of portfolio solutions and advisory services. Additionally, work together with motivated and talented colleagues to lead the transition of the bank towards the usage of state of the art technologies.
If you think this could be the right role for you, please feel free to apply online or please contact Agnieszka Wojcik directly (see below)