Network Resident Engineer - Bologna
Posted on Oct 6, 2020 by Flint Consulting Limited
Resident Engineer required to work on-site in Bologna within a Data Centre infrastructure environment.
You will have experience working on Juniper Switches & Routers and be engaged in the following activities:
Network infrastructure components in scope:
- Management and Monitoring (M&M);
- Fabric Layer (IP Fabrics);
- Offices (and Wireless) network;
- Internet Edge Routers
- The list of equipment in scope includes QFX10002, QFX5120 and EX3400 Switches, MX10003 Routers.
Tasks and duties:
- Physically inspect cabling and racking of equipment;
- Reset of equipment (zeroise);
- Upgrade of firmware to most appropriate version when required (firmware version to be agreed with customer);
- Prepare M&M and Offices network equipment via console access for configuration and testing
- Configure M&M and Offices network equipment:
Understanding & Experience to cover:
- Basic config using templates; L2 configuration (VLANs, Tagged, untagged ports etc)
- Physical check of patching to identify which port goes to what VLAN o Configuration of QFX5120-48Y Virtual Chassis.
- Prepare the IP Fabric network for support and configuration, including: o Collect serial numbers. Check and update firmware
- Reset devices.
- Participate in the testing of the infrastructure components through the execution of pre- defined User AcceptanceTests when applicable (UAT).
- Implement any configuration changes required during the deployment;
- Document final network topologies;
- Knowledge transfer
Skills and knowledge
- Junos basics:
- Initial switch config
- Console and mgmt access
- Firmware upgrade
- Virtual-Chassis setup
- Basic L2 configuration: aggregated interfaces, VLAN tagging, port configuration Basic L3 configuration
- IRB interfaces, IP addresses, DHCP relay
- Basic OSPF
- Basic eBGP
This is an onsite role 3 days per week and 2 days remote working. Apply for immediate iterview.
Flint supply services to the ICT Industry