Lead Machine Learning Engineer - Bank - Netherlands - Permanent
Posted on Oct 6, 2020 by Apollo Solutions Ltd
A leading bank is looking for a Lead ML Engineer based in the Netherlands. The candidate is responsible for working with the Advanced Analytics platform team and you will lead 10 ML engineers that are part of multiple cross-functional data science teams across the bank.
- Must have minimum 6-10 years experience in Data Science/Machine Learning
- The candidate should have a strong intuitive grasp of Data Science, AI and the Azure Platform,
- Must have core management skills (strategy, roadmaps, problem resolution, etc.) to lead a team of 10 ML engineers, you must have proven experience leading a team
- A Degree in computer science, mathematics, data science, etc. is an asset
Scripting languages: proficiency/knowledge in Python, SQL, R; C++ and/or Java
- Dutch speaker is highly preferred
Valid work visa for the Netherlands is required (this role does not offer sponsorship - HSM visas are welcome)
- Identify and prioritize the highest value applications for ML and do what it takes to make them successful.
- Plan and execute the necessary AI/ML-driven process changes and initiatives necessary to deliver a complete solution
- Define the ML engineering Roadmap
- Own key initiatives and deliverables to create ML engineering across the bank
- Translate for stakeholder groups, the data science communities, business lines, different IT enablement teams, and identify opportunities and enable the development of custom data science and ML solutions.
- Partner with different business lines and ensure controls in place to validate the quality of deliverables.
- Mentor and guide junior ML Engineers in their careers - prior leadership and management experience is an asset
- Stay up to date with recent technology and market developments and translate this into opportunities for the bank
This role is a permanent positino and offers up to €90k base salary + competitive benefits package and a chance to work at one of the biggest banks in the Netherlands.