Posted on Oct 6, 2020 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
About The Role
JOB DESCRIPTION - Policy Advisor
LOCATION: Flexible - COVID-19 working from home arrangements apply..* Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, we are now all required to work from home if possible. This applies to this role until such time that the restrictions on travel and working arrangements are lifted, at which point location arrangements will be reviewed..*
About The Candidate
As a Policy Advisor, you will:
- undertake or commission research
- gather and analyse data and information
- develop expertise in a area, or draw on the expertise of others
- keep up to date with social, political and economic developments, and brief others on these
- provide advice to senior managers, stakeholders and decision makers
- write briefings and reports
- carry out consultations with internal and external stakeholders - including colleagues, customers, or members of the public
- work with a wide range of people and organisations, including senior managers, public office officials and members of the public
You will work to one of the G7 Policy Team Leaders within the EU-GB Animal Imports Team.
Particularly the teams are involved in:
- Defining and delivering the end to end process for importing live animals, products of animal origin, animal by-products and germplasm.
- Working with the IT team to ensure required IT systems are developed to facilitate animal and animal product imports.
- Working with the legislation team to ensure all required animal related import SIs are laid and made.
- Defining live animal and animal product infrastructure requirements and monitoring delivery of Border Control Posts (BCPs) in GB (feeding into the Infrastructure Team)
- Defining and ensuring delivery of people capability requirements to successfully deliver the imports regime for live animals and animal products.
- Working closely with the FSA, APHA and PHA
To be successful in this role you will need to have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to research problems, and the passion to solve them. You'll work on designing, delivering and communicating policy, and work across organisational boundaries and professional disciplines to deliver results.