Java DevOps Engineer - EU candidates acceppted
Posted on Oct 5, 2020 by IT Di-Visions AG
For an international financial institution in Zurich, Switzerland, we are seeking a highly motivated professional to take up the following challenge
DevOps Java Engineer (Contract) - 6334
Experienced Java Developer with a Dev Ops profile, you will work with IT developers to facilitate a better coordination among operations, development, and testing functions by automating and streamlining the integration, deployment and testing processes.
A DevOps mind is essential in order to be capable to pick up all tasks related to the entire life cycle of product development, ie contact with stakeholders, requirements analysis, implementation, design and write different types of tests, packaging, deployment, support and maintenance software in production; know and understand Agile methodology and its tools.
Knowledge in environment management, configuration management solutions and service discovery is highly appreciated. You will also need to be able to work on application readiness for being on boarded onto containers/cloud.
- Working with the Environment Management to automate build, packaging and deployment process for production deployments for new modules, upgrades and fixes within the production environment.
- Make modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer.
- Create requirements and procedures in order to implement routine maintenance.
- Troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those.
- Research and development of new cross-asset platform based on our strategic trading trade management system
- Learning about and gathering new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company in order to grow the agile development environment
- Make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices through a collaboration with developers
- Enterprise development, multi-tier applications in particular web services, Client Server and Server Side application programming that also include data management aspects in Java 8 or above (core Java)
- Wide knowledge in operating system administration, programming languages and cloud platform deployment like CaaS and docker
- Deep knowledge in various Scripting languages, system & server administration and mass system deployments
- Deep knowledge about Spring framework suite: Core, Boot, Caching
- Experience in working with distributed, highly available transaction processing systems
- Experience with Cassandra (or custom big data), Kafka, service discovery engines (Consul, Spring Cloud or custom solutions), experience in EIP ( Spring integration or Apache Camel ) and BDD (JBehave or Cucumber
- Experience working in a complex heterogeneous IT infrastructure environment
- Experience working in a high pressure, high demanding environment
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Very good understanding of Object Oriented Design and programming
- Experience with all phases of the software/system life cycle process
- Bachelor, Master in Science (Computer, Math etc.) or Engineering
- Duration: 1 year contract
- Workload: 100%
- Job location: Zürich
IT Di-Visions is a friendly and dynamic IT placement agency which has a real track record with companies within the financial, telecom, insurance and other interesting industries in Switzerland.
We place IT experts in contracting positions as well as in permanent employment contracts.
For further technical information, please contact Mr. Emanuele Gorelli.