SQL Server DBA Job posting in #Raleigh #ITjobs
Posted on Oct 4, 2020 by NTT DATA Corporation
SQL Server DBA (Temp to hire)
Must live local to Raleigh
This position does not qualify for telecommuting, relocation, sponsorship, or C to C
- Maintain and enhance current database environment (SQL Server) by performing backups, tuning and capacity planning
- Prior experience on SQL Server 2016, Data tools, SVN desired
- Involve in improving the performance of Views on Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Review Physical and Logical Data Models as necessary and provide feedback
- Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Create and manage constraints and indexes.
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
- Coordination and participation in deployments from a Data Management team standpoint, as and when required
- Some Off-hours and weekend work may be required to support the database environments and planned deployments
8 + years of experience performing database administration on Microsoft SQL Server
Prior experience working with enterprise data warehouses would be extremely beneficial.
Prior experience with data architecture and AWS is a big plus
Exposure to SSIS desired
Exposure to Enterprise Security implementations in a health care setting is a plus
Team Player and ability to understand criticality of requests, prioritize as need be
Attention to detail would be a great soft-skill to have for this role
Exposure to ITIL best practices is beneficial
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.