Senior Systems Engineer - Modern Workplace, Basel
Posted on Oct 4, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Our Client, a leading Swiss Bank with an enviable reputation, who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer - Modern Workplace to support design, implementation, and management of the client infrastructure. This is a 6 months contract opportunity based in Basel with a strong likelihood for extension.
Your role will be to act as a client infrastructure specialist in support of the client environment. This includes implementation, rollout and maintenance of the Windows 10 client and related infrastructure with a particular focus on system security, security practices and application management.
- Implementing, maintaining, and enhancing the platform for managing the endpoint environment.
- Managing the user environment, with responsibility for defining, configuring and managing the client desktop experience.
- Third-level support for Windows clients including performance monitoring and resolution of client performance issues.
- Third-level support for the Banks core applications (eg Office, Adobe) including performance monitoring and resolution of client performance issues.
- Implementing and maintaining a client endpoint security posture, ensuring compliance with the organisation standards and expectations.
- Analyse existing IT Infrastructure in order to develop and plan a Mobile Device Management strategy.
- Contribute towards adoption of new Microsoft Azure services, and help maintaining existing ones.
The successful incumbent will possess:
- Deep understanding of Windows operating system and related technology stack including SCCM, Intune, Microsoft 365, SCCM Co-Management, Microsoft Azure, GPO.
- Strong Desktop Support background with a proven record of delivering Microsoft-focused large-scale solutions using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (aka SCCM) and Intune.
- Policies and management options for Windows, Android and iOS devices based on Microsoft Intune.
- In depth knowledge of Windows Autopilot, Desktop Analytics, Conditional Access, Mobile Application Management, Intune Application Lifecycle
- Experience of writing technical documentation, and being able to roll this out to individuals and teams to put procedures and standards in place.
We welcome applications of consultants' who match most of the above requirements and are available on a short notice. There is a competitive daily rate available for the contract; alternative market rates are also welcome.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.