IT Support Engineer, Basel
Posted on Oct 3, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
I am currently recruiting for a 2nd Line IT Desktop Support to work for aminimum if 1 years + Likely extension (long term contract) in Basel, Switzerland.
Major Accountabilities for the 2nd Line IT Desktop Support role:
- Ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
- Receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations.
- Use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via telephone, e-mail, and in-person, to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of the problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from onsite and remote end-users.
- Provide White Glove support to Executive team members.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate IT personnel.
- Record, track and document the Zendesk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Asset Management
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop and system level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, Servers, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure the problem has been adequately resolved.
Skills and Requirements for the 2nd Line IT Desktop Support role:
- Good understanding of Information Technology; trends, products and solutions
- Several years of experience in a similar position in IT Service Desk/Desktop Support
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Information Technology or 5+ years equivalent work experience, preferably in the Biotech field.
- Certifications are preferred.
- Experience supporting a Commercial sales team from launch
- Experience with Commercial systems such as CRM, LMS, EDW, BI and MDM.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including Lenovo Laptops, docking stations, phones, and printers.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10 and Server 2012+
- IT Applications: Office 365 expertise, Active Directory, Okta, Mobile Device Management, and ability to learn new applications quickly
- Preferred knowledge of Mimecast, Zendesk, DocuSign, Concur, SharePoint, Box, Password Management, AWS, and Azure
- Experience with deployment management and service desk tools
- Experience with desktop imaging with MDT
- Microsoft Office 2016 onward and common desktop applications
- Remote control tools such as RDP, Bomgar
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP, DNS, vLANS, network Switches, AV hardware and printer management
- Cisco Meraki experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of PowerShell Scripting
- Web conference software expertise: Skype, Zoom, MS Teams
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly and to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proactive, exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and willing to listen and take the lead as needed.
- Experience providing white-glove support
- Candidates for this position must have strong customer service and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational skills are a must for this fast paced, high visibility position.
- Fluent in English language, German and additional languages are a pluse
Whats in the offer-
- Broad range of activities, tasks and projects
- Further development and professional advancement
- Friendly and international working environment
- Competitive salary and various benefits
This role is suitable for an IT Desktop Support Engineer who is looking to work in a professional team within a successful multinational company.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV for consideration now!