Pre-Sales Engineering Manager
Posted on Oct 2, 2020 by Sola Technology Ltd
Pre-Sales Engineering Manager (responsible for Southern Europe - France, Italy, Spain Portugal initially)
Paris based (working from home initially)
NoSQL database tech start-up
MUST be French speaking
€100k basic plus OTE
The Pre-Sales Engineering Manager will hire and lead a world-class pre-sales engineering team through any and all sales engagements. This role directs the activities and goals of the Regional Sales Engineering team they are responsible for.
The position works closely with their direct reports, Regional Sales Director, Regional Solutions Engineering Director, and territory-based Enterprise Sales Representatives to qualify prospective clients for products and services within the assigned territory. Our Pre-Sales Engineers are the primary technical field experts, responsible for actively driving and managing the technical part of a sales engagement.
The Pre-Sales Engineering Manager will provide guidance/mentoring to Solutions Engineers. The role requires a high degree of organization as it involves managing a team of 4 to 6 Solutions Engineers and multiple opportunities at once.
In this exciting role, you will become an expert in explaining NoSQL advantages, and how it can be used to solve the customer's problems; all with a good dose of getting customers excited about using this new approach for fast & scalable databases.
The Pre-Sales Engineering Manager is responsible for owning or guiding their team through the POC, RFI and/or RFP processes. The role will interface with many different types of Enterprise customers and their management teams.
- Several years experience serving in the capacity of a Pre-Sales Engineer with recent years in a Pre-Sales Engineering Management role with a proven track record of success
- Experience with traditional RDBMS including schema modelling, performance tuning and configuration
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases or other distributed high-performance systems
- Hands-on administration and troubleshooting experience with x86 operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS), networking and storage architectures
- Ability to apply solutions, technology, and products to a business opportunity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely to any audience
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
- Ensure the success of customer POC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up to date on the NoSQL competitive landscape
- Programming experience in at least one of the following: Java/.NET/PHP
- Providing hands-on technical guidance for building solutions such as microservices, Linux, Kubernetes, cloud deployments, databases, and messaging systems for pre-sales engagements
- French speaking