Posted on Oct 2, 2020 by Experis AG
Storage Specialist (contract in Basel)
Experis recognises you are more than just a CV. As part of the ManpowerGroup we have access to a huge network of opportunities and we'll connect you to the roles that will accelerate your career.
A large well-known organization based in Switzerland is looking for an experienced Storage Specialist to join their office in Basel. The candidate will contribute to the clients' storage and backup environments. If you meet our background requirements and skills and are looking for an opportunity to be rewarded for your skills and expertise, this is the ideal opportunity for you.
Location: Basel (no remote possibilities)
Duration: 1 year with extension possibilities
Workload: 100% (40 hours a week)
Start date: November 2020 (negotiable)
- Manage the installation, configuration and operations of our client's storage and backup environment.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support as part of the wider team
- 5+ years' experience implementing storage and replication across multiple sites.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting enterprise and mid-tier storage arrays from Dell, Pure and Netapp (PowerMax, DataDomain, FlashArray//X and NetApp MetroCluster)
- Experience/knowledge of: Clustering technologies, CIFS, NAS, Storage Virtualization, Backup/Restore Concepts, Data Replication.
- Understanding of storage protocols like Fibre channel, NFS and iSCSI.
- Understanding of transport mechanism and networking technologies in converged and hyper-converged technologies.
- Knowledge of Networker and Veeam desirable
- Experience implementing storage solutions for VMware, Microsoft, and Linux environments
- Experience planning and conducting Disaster Recovery Concepts Storage/Data Architecture, Clustering technologies, Continuous Availability, Data Tiering, Cloud Storage/computing
Only candidates holding a EU passport, Swiss citizenship or valid Swiss permit can be considered.
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Virginia Belli Colon on (see below).