Financial Controller with SAP experience - 3 months contract - East Be
Posted on Oct 1, 2020 by Next Ventures Ltd
Next Ventures is urgently looking for a Financial Controller for a consultancy role based in Liege, Belgium.
This role requires someone with experience of SAP BW.
As part of its development, our client is strengthening and recruiting a Financial Controller (M/F) for a 3-month consultancy mission to support him in managing his/her challenges.
As Financial Controller, you participate in the proper management and monitoring of our client's projects, by taking on the following responsibilities:
Manage down-balance sheet transactions (guarantees) and cash (OWCR)
Prepare studies of industrial and financial investments
Participate in the development of the company's strategy and support its development at the operational level
Maintain optimal financial communication, among other things by developing relationships with shareholders and investors
Assume the responsibilities of Cost controller within our project teams by supporting the following points:
o Support the accounting and financial administration of purchase and sales orders for current projects (monitoring of purchase order receipts, monitoring of payment schedules, control of supplier/customer invoices, customer invoices).
o Assist project managers in the preparation and monitoring of contracts (preparation of project reports, monitoring of trade receivables).
o Provide support for the preparation of the budget and cash flow forecasts.
o Control project expenses and overheads as well as analytical charges.
o Identify and inform about the differences observed between the budgeted and actual figures.
o Prepare monthly reports. Check the reliability, consistency and reasonableness of the accounting, financial and non-financial data that compose them
Prerequisites (basic training, additional, languages, IT ...)
- Master in Finance, Economics, Commercial studies
- Experience of at least 10 years in a similar function
- Experience in project professions
- International experience
- Fluency in English, any other language is a considerable asset!
- Practice of ERP systems and tools: SAP + BW (eg accounting - purchasing - projects) is a plus
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite, particularly Excel and its advanced functions.
Aut onomous and very structured in its approach
- Ability to be concise and to write clear and concise reports.
- Strategic thinker
- Charismatic leader, recognized interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills and a well-developed critical sense. Good understanding of accounting movements.
- Attention to detail and ease in controlling data.
- Ability to ask the right questions (needs analysis).
- Comfortable in a Matrix organization and a support service
- Very good team spirit and willingness to contribute to the team.
- Ethics, integrity, honesty.
Location: Liege, Belgium
Duration: 3 months
Rate: €480-520 per day
Please send your CV to (see below) or call me direct. If I am not available I will call you back TODAY to discuss further with a view to securing an interview as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.