RN Registered Nurse
Posted on Oct 1, 2020 by Heinzerling Foundation
Over the past 60 years, the Heinzerling Community has cared for hundreds of individuals with severe and profound developmental disabilities, creating a Legacy of caring. Our mission is to provide a loving and nurturing environment that enriches the development, education and quality of life for these individuals. We are looking for people that share and believe in our mission and would like to join our team.
Great Place To Work!
The Nurse directs and coordinates the medical/nursing activities related to the daily care of the residents. The nurse is expected to assess, plan, direct, and evaluate the application of nursing practice to resident care. He/she ensures communication and coordination of resident care.
- Must maintain current RN nursing licensure in the state of Ohio
- Must maintain current certification in CPR and first aid
- Must have sincere desire to work with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Must be willing and able to instruct unlicensed persons on aspects of resident care that are within the scope of practice
- Must be willing to work in a team-oriented environment
- Practice safe and effective nursing care for the residents of the Heinzerling Community as defined by law and policies of the Heinzerling Community
- Follow acceptable standards of safe nursing care as a basis for any observation, advice, instruction, teaching or evaluation; and communicate information that is consistent with acceptable standards of safe nursing care as it pertains to the needs of each resident
- Maintain accurate resident records; document changes in residents' condition and parties notified
- Report and document in a timely manner, assessments, observations, and/or care provided for the resident along with the resident's response
- Participate in annual Individual Plan (IP) with preparation and presentation of information
- Follow rules and regulations set forth by regulatory agencies such as Medicaid, Licensure, HIPAA, etc.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with 50% contribution match
- Paid time off including holidays and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
Shifts: 1st shift = 7A-3;30P, 2nd shift = 3P-11:30P, 3rd shift = 11P-7:30A
Heinzerling Community is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected underlaw.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$52.6k - $52.6k Annual