OTN Standard Expert
Posted on Oct 1, 2020 by Morson International (IT)
OTN Standard Expert
1. Attending the standard meetings including ITU-T SG15, OIF, IEEE and relevant SDOs to achieve company standard objectives and promote company standard leadership.
2. As a leading standard expert, taking responsibility to complete the standard work of next generation OTN through working with the team.
3. By observing and analysing academic/industrial activities in optical communication area, to give opinions/comments on various technologies, and to give corresponding suggestions (eg R&D topics, cooperation partner, etc.) for business success.
4. Creative innovation by new concepts and key technologies. From system level to define the key technologies and proposal on the technical solutions. Make promising proposals when there are several optional schemes.
5. Manage several projects in optical transmission technologies, lead the technical team to research and verify the concepts, provide solutions for transferring the prototype to products
6. Provide guidance and instruction to the advanced optical transmission technology group in headquarters and get involved in annual technology planning activities.
7. Conduct routine reports on technology progress and analysis of its impact on current and future products for the marketing, product and technology teams.
1. Communication signal processing.
2. Master or higher degree of science/electronics engineering with 10+ years relevant industrial R&D experience in either architecture design or implementation of the OTN/WDM system and subsystems.
3. Patenting and standardization.
4. Extensive knowledge and experience in multiple data communication technologies of L1/L2 layers (SDH, PDH, OTN, Ethernet, ATM and MPLS) including network architectures, interface, framing, mapping, synchronization, multiplexing, protection, fault management, performance monitoring, function model and so on.
5. Extensive knowledge and experience in requirement specification and architecture design of telecommunications system and subsystem (such as OTN/WDM).
6. Experience of architecture, design and verification of digital communications devices (such as FPGA and ASIC) for optical transport network preferred.
7. Rich experience in standards and leadership in some SDOs.