Posted on Oct 1, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
My client is looking for Hadoop Admin, and I wanted to know whether this would be of interest to you or not?
Role: Hadoop Admin
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Duration: 6 months +
Buy rate: 500 CHF per day
Experienced Cloudera Hadoop Administrator who will be part of a global team responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of CS Big Data infrastructure.
- In depth knowledge of Linux Administration and bash Scripting
- Intimate knowledge of non-root installation with fully integrated AD/Kerberos authentication
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop clusters. This job includes setting up Kerberos principals and testing
- Expert level knowledge of Cloudera Hadoop components such as HDFS, Sentry, HBase, Impala, Hue, Spark, Hive, YARN, ZooKeeper and Postgres
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Cloudera Manager Enterprise
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters
- Screen Spark cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage, Troubleshoot and review Hadoop log files
- Workload management, load balancing, quota management of the Cloudera cluster
- Setting up disaster recovery on Cloudera cluster including HDFS, HBase, Spark
- Eyes-on-glass cluster monitoring and responding to internal tickets and email alerts. File system management and monitoring
- Setup Splunk monitoring
- HDFS and other Cloudera Hadoop components support and maintenance
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and Business Intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability
- Collaborating with application teams to install Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required
- Aligning with the engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments
- Point of Contact for Vendor escalation
- Good communication skills
- Understand and experience of working on Palantir Foundry platform is preferable.
If you are interested in this position, please send me your CV ASAP for immediate consideration.
If you are not interested in the role but know someone that may be interested or a good fit for it, please help me and them out by sending me their details or them the details of this role so they can get in touch with me about it.