Senior Project Manager
Posted on Oct 1, 2020 by Hydrogen Group
Senior Project Manager, Drug Development
The Senior Project Manager will manage and oversee the cross-functional activities required to develop and commercialize our products in alignment with the R&D governance processes.
- Works in partnership with drug development project leaders to develop, gain approval, and execute on the project strategy.
- Co-chairs timely, efficient, and action-oriented Development Project Team meetings and is responsible for coordinating team operations and communications.
- Directs highly complex project communications and ensures that all project customers are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities and their status.
- Organizes preparation of high-quality documents for review by governance committees in collaboration with the project team and represents the Development Project Team at Governance meetings, when needed.
- Organizes Project Management support for various functional areas on the Project; attends sub-team meetings; organizes ad hoc working groups.
- Organizes the formation of Project Teams and Request for Development (RFD) Teams with leadership of the functional areas, and guides transition of projects between development phases.
- Manages RFD teams for late stage Research Projects and provides Project Management support for all RFD activities including the creation, editing and approval of the RFD document.
- Leads the design, implementation, and update of Project Development Plans which define the scope of project team deliverables, ensuring Development Plans integrate timing, scope and resources.
- Authors selected sections of the Development Plan.
- Provides leadership to the team and functional areas to anticipate and identify complex project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals; proposes and implements plans to resolve such issues and execute corrective actions.
- Provides updated project documents and information for quarterly LE budget reviews, quarterly investor relations/Board updates and annual Portfolio Review.
- Contributes to the research, development and commercial project strategies.
- May represent Project Management on Franchise Teams and attend senior management committees as requested.
- Enables high-performing teams by ensuring there are good team dynamics within the project team.
- Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the drug development process and deep understanding of and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management.
- Expertise in developing and managing project scope, deliverables, risks and resource requirements.
- Strong leadership presence with the ability to translate strategy into action.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to summarize and present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the company.
- Must be able to understand and communicate scientific and business elements associated with the therapeutic area(s) of assigned projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and understanding of team dynamics.
- Ability to lead without authority, influence and motivate teams.
- Ability to help teams anticipate, plan, and adapt to an evolving environment.
- Ability to take accountability and empower individuals and teams to make effective decisions which are aligned with the company's vision, values and goals.
- Ability to create an inclusive environment and lead empowered teams who operate with high standards of alignment, trust, accountability, expertise, transparency, and collaboration.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and tracking tools.
- Must be able to work under minimal and at times no supervision.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 7-10 years of relevant project management/scientific experience within the pharmaceutical industry; OR a MS or MBA and minimal 6-8 years of relevant experience; OR a PhD in a scientific field or a PharmD, DVM or MD degree with 2-4+ years of relevant experience. A scientific background is preferred.
- Experience must include 2-5+ years of leading cross-functional drug development project management activities within the pharmaceutical industry - building, managing and articulating comprehensive, complex, cross-functional drug development plans.
- Oncology experience preferred
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.