Manager, Product Support (6892)
Posted on Sep 30, 2020 by Ceridian
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that's continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person's career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
R&D at Ceridian is a group of close-knit, cross-functional teams of Developers, QA Analysts, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Test Engineers. We are Agile with a vast appetite for continuous improvement, learning, and training.The Mainframe and ODS team is responsible for tier 3 product and production support of the wide-ranging and complex software products, Back Office integrations, and payroll engines that have been developed by Ceridian. Supported products include the Bureau payroll engines, all connecting Back Office integrations - including Dayforce, Signature Mainframe and DEC services, and Output Distribution Services.
Reporting to the Director, Product Support, we have an opportunity for a Manager, Product Support to play a critical strategic and tactical role directing the professional support team and spearheading technical projects. This is an exciting opportunity to use your in-depth business and technical knowledge to take Ceridian's product support to the next level working with the Mainframe team to align the upgrade roadmap with our strategic direction and optimize our systems. You will continuously evaluate and improve product support to consistently meet the needs of stakeholders. You will build out a dedicated and talented team, ensuring the retention and professional development of individuals as you manage the HR administration.
Who you are:
You are a team-focused technical leader looking for a Manager role. You want to nurture and direct a team, planning strategic goals, and overseeing technical projects for the continuous iteration and improvement of enterprise products. You have exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills, and you can elicit requirements and navigate the competing demands of customers and teams with expertise. You are results-driven and can inspire people to take ownership and stay motivated while influencing and guiding the team's technical decisions and priorities. You want to join a global organization that operates like a scale-up: responsively, rapidly, and with agility.
What's in it for you:
Leadership. You will be a critical part of our 10x mission. As part of a group expanding and supporting the functionality of our products, and actively responding to market needs, you will play a key role in our trajectory. Cutting edge tools, people retention, and high standards lead directly to customer success and satisfaction, all of which are paramount to our growth strategy.
Teamwork. Our inclusive, supportive workplace culture fosters an environment of continuous learning, professional development, collaboration, and a chance to blend in-office and remote working long before and after the COVID-19 crisis.
Growth. We are a rapidly scaling company with a focus on promoting from within. This is a global organization with more opportunities than people where we encourage you to express and pursue areas and projects that interest and inspire you. You will have a chance to move up a Senior Manager, Director, or across to a different group.
As our new Manager, Product and Production Support, you will:
- Lead and grow a best-in-class team. You will oversee a team, hiring, onboarding, coaching, and supporting individuals. You will foster a culture of ownership and continuous learning. You will promote a highly collaborative environment and mentor the team providing technical direction, performance feedback, and career development.
- Empower the team. You will remove roadblocks and prioritize tasks allowing the team to do their best work. You will manage the day-to-day tasks, remove roadblocks, prioritize tasks, and provide insights based on your in-depth understanding of technical Back End integrations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Oversee technical projects. You will work closely with Product Managers and Product Development to prioritize and plan upgrades and integrations. You will spearhead new initiatives enhancing Mainframe functionality, leading and coordinating multiple print projects, ensuring seamless integrations on the Back End, and managing Legacy payroll products.
- Innovate and implement. You will build and direct processes, interactions, and workflows between products and systems that positively impact internal production teams and large customer segments. You will develop and apply insights into the features and upgrades customers seek, make recommendations, and collaborate with Product Development and Product Management leaders.
What you bring:
- The experience. You have 10+ years of relevant technical industry experience building support systems or support structure around systems in a product environment and 5+ years experience leading a Tier 3 support and operational environment. You have considerable knowledge of all operations life cycle phases (eg, requirements definition, risk management, implementation, deployment, maintenance), and negotiating and managing vendor contracts, invoicing, and budgets.
- The technical skills. You have advanced knowledge of development processes, databases, file transfer, system/platform integration, and an understanding of Windows server operating systems and network integrations, Mainframe products, vendor solutions, platform level products. Ideally, you have experience with IBM Z Mainframe, z/VM, z/VSE, .NET and VB6.
- The Agile approach. You have expertise following an Agile Scrum methodology and in-depth knowledge of delivery best practices across all facets of the software development life cycle. You have experience planning activities within complex projects, providing technical direction, prioritization, and capacity planning. A forward thinker, you continually strive to stay at the leading edge and introduce improvements via tools, technologies, and approaches that exceed customer expectations.
- The team leadership and interpersonal skills. You can inspire and motivate teams with your hands-on technical expertise, coaching skills, and willingness to roll up your sleeves to help solve challenging problems in a fast-paced environment. You can confidently build networks and nurture relationships within teams, peers, clients, and senior leadership. You have outstanding communication, negotiation, and prioritization skills. You can balance needs and requirements, generate consensus, pivot to respond to needs, and work through ambiguity.
Our culture, our values:
At Ceridian, our values - Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility - are built on a robust framework, guided by an engaged leadership and brought to life by the innovative, enthusiastic people who make up our diverse teams. This is a place where you can commit, express your ideas through engagement surveys and forms, and gain recognition.
We make work life better for you.
At Ceridian, we foster a workplace where our people can thrive, grow, and reach new levels of success together. With flexible, remote working, we give you the freedom and the technology to make the right scheduling choices to balance your life. In addition, we provide you with financial rewards including a stock purchase plan, talent development programs, comprehensive benefits, paid days off to volunteer, and an unlimited Time Away From Work Program.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and that makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.