Posted on Sep 30, 2020 by hireful
Salary: £50 - £60K + 10% Bonus + Excellent Benefits (Private Pension, Private Health, etc)
Location: Office is Outer North London, but fully remote working practice in place (Not just for Covid)
You will be looking to join our industry leading cloud-native software platform Software Engineering team, working on globally used business software to provide an intuitive, pixel perfect & packed with functionality Software UI.
The Back End is largely Java based. Moves are underway to implement a container-based approach which will allow for more flexible choice of languages in future, including Node JS.
We operate a continuous integration approach with biweekly releases which means code has to be always releasable, so experience with automated pipelines and dark launch patterns would be advantageous.
Above all though, we value teamwork & communication; it shows in the fact our staff turnover is super low for the industry & we have long-lasting team's who work exceptionally well together!
What we're looking for:
- Understands principles of good code structure (eg OOP) and writes clean code
- Able to identify and fix technical debt
- Understands and implements an appropriate level of automated testing for your work (Although we have a dedicated QA team of 10+, also)
- Understands security vulnerabilities typical to your area of work and how to prevent them
- Understands performance concerns within the product code or development tools and when to appropriately optimise
Must have prior technical experience in:
- Unit testing
Advantageous technical skills:
If the above sound like you & you have 2+ years commercial coding experience (years are not important, but this is a rough guide to the level we are looking at), then please apply & find out more!