Senior ServiceNow Developer
Posted on Sep 30, 2020 by Head Ahead
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
About the Company
Do you want to be a part of something big and new? We are an expanding ServiceNow Technology Partner with Big Ideas. We aim to be a disruptor in a market dominated by large players. Specialising in understanding the context in which our clients operate, we are a true partner to our customers. They put their trust in us and we deliver.
Our mission is to help our clients to maximise their return on investment on ServiceNow platform by building creative solutions supporting simplified business processes.
You will be working as part of a Software Team responsible for the support and delivery of ServiceNow based solutions. You will design solutions and configure the platform in accordance with client business requirements such that your configuration is right first time and is configured to maximise the OOB functionality without leaving a Legacy of technical debt. You will help develop more junior members of the team and want to see them succeed.
- Design and document solutions to support business requirements.
- Configuring the platform to deliver the desired business outcomes as articulated in the stories and meeting the acceptance criteria.
- Helping colleagues develop their skills whilst taking responsibility for developing your own.
- Deliver bug free code/configuration which is right first time.
- Deliver configuration in accordance with best practice and inherently know what 'good' looks like.
- Deliver sprint demos at the end of each sprint and take feedback constructively.
- Work within the established engineering process framework.
- Estimation and planning of software projects
- End to end delivery activities (design, build, code reviews. testing and deployment)
- Frequent travel to client offices. This may include overnight stay.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience as a ServiceNow Developer.
- Good understanding of ServiceNow platform and a specialist in at least one of ITSM, ITBM, HR, ITOM and custom app development.
- Experience in developing integrations with other ITSM toolsets and with other platforms such as HR and Asset systems of record.
- In depth understanding of key technologies relevant to ServiceNow: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
- Background in delivering greenfield software projects in technologies other than ServiceNow.
- Background in programming and understanding of RDBMS, Object Oriented Architecture and Service Oriented Architecture concepts.
- Understanding of ITIL Framework
- Agile, SCRUM and KANBAN
- Experience of working within bid teams in the production of bid responses and proposals
- Understanding of the SIAM Tower Model
- Detailed knowledge of CMDB and how to configure it to maximise efficiency and functionality.
- You will be a proactive, strong character that can lead, guide and make high level decisions with little support or guidance. You will be very organised and forward thinking.
- You will be an evangelist of the product and will want to share what the product can do and what the team has delivered in management reports, community sites, blogs and at conferences or webinars.
- You will relish challenges and look to motivate the team to deliver innovative solutions to business problems quickly and to high quality.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to explain concepts clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You will be passionate about self-learning and helping other team members in their learning.
- Due to our client base the candidate must be able to go through Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) as a minimum and potentially Security Clearance process successfully.
- Full UK Driving Licence
This is a great opportunity to work on innovative and business critical projects. You will be in constant pursuit of excellence and will be working in a supportive and nurturing environment. We believe that learning never stops and the company is committed to provide continued learning support to employees at all levels.
Standard working hours: Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Holidays: 21 days in addition to Bank Holidays