Java Middleware Support Engineer
Posted on Sep 30, 2020 by Outsource UK
Java, Middleware, linux
I have been tasked to identify multiple Middleware support engineers for long term contracts based at the European Institutions in Brussels for long term contracts. You must hold EU citizenship or dual citizenship due to Brexit and clearance.
- Support and administration of JAVA applications
- Create and maintain the Tickets in our ticket system and follow ITIL best practices.
- Create and update knowledge base for the known issues.
- Installation and deployment of Java applications on WebLogic in different environments (Acceptance and Production)
- Implement monitoring of the application in the different environments to ensure its availability.
- Provide L1, L2 support and troubleshoot application as well as infrastructure issues.
- Set up the monitoring scripts and automate the tasks performed by support team.
- Send out the notifications to the users in case of Downtime during business hours
- Trigger investigations (registration of problems) in order to identify root causes and prevent potential impacts on the application.
- Provide Stand by support when required.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent writing and training skills.
- Understanding of network protocols TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Good Knowledge of application Servers (WEBLOGIC).
- Good knowledge of Splunk monitoring platform.
- Good Knowledge of Database Management (MySQL, Oracle RDBMS).
- Good Knowledge of JAVA, J2EE, XML, Web services-SOAP and REST.
- Experience with Linux environments Scripting is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Middleware products WebLogic, TOMCAT, and Wildfly Application Server and Apache.
- Experience with large scale J2EE deployment Java programming or software development life cycle
- Good knowledge of SOA Architecture and Web services (SOAP and REST)
- Experience with SoapUI and free API test tool
- Public key Infrastructure knowledge is nice to have.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- ITIL foundation certification.
Please send updated CV for immediate start.