Quality Assurance Analyst
Posted on Sep 30, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Quality Assurance Analyst. This will be a contract to hire position. For this role, a degree is a must. This role is revolved around creating and executing tests of ETL processes and being able to write complex SQL queries. A great person for this role needs to have a fundamental knowledge of data warehouse concepts. Any experience with supply chain and logistics as well as API testing is a plus for this role. The dress code for this company is dress shirt and tie for men and suite or dress for women.
- Plan and execute testing activities for data warehouse project.
- Create and execute tests of ETL processes.
- Validate data quality.
- Test downstream consumption of reports, calculations, etc.
- Develop, execute and maintain test plans, test scenarios, test suites and test cases.
- Support testing efforts as a part of Agile/Scrum teams.
- Provide estimates associated with testing activities and tasks.
- Facilitate the defect management and triage process for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with the business and development teams to troubleshoot and resolve defects and other related issues.
- Partner with solution analysts and project managers to ensure requirements are documented, understood, testable and accurately tested.
- Track and report on test status using established QA metrics and KPIs for assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related discipline.
- Proficient at independently writing complex SQL queries.
- Fundamental knowledge of data warehouse concepts.
- 4+ years QA experience in an IT environment.
- 4+ years experience in data warehouse testing.
- 4+ years of experience in testing analytical processes.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience executing and coordinating integration, system, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS)/Visual Studio Test Professional and Microsoft Test Manager a plus.
- Knowledge of supply chain and logistics a plus.
- Experience performing API testing a plus.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.