Senior IT Engineer/IT Technical Consultant
Posted on Sep 29, 2020 by Anonymous
This role will be based at client sites in Hampshire & London and at the company premises in Newbury.
The role is: developing, building, and maintaining Enterprise IT systems, including:
- Requirements clarification.
- Implementation - build and configuration - the key aspect of the role.
- Enhancing, maintaining, and administering.
The focus will be on providing input into the design process, implementing systems from an approved design, and ensuring smooth transition into service with the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Expertise and Key Skills
- Deep knowledge/experience of IBM Spectrum Scale (GPFS) and IBM Spectrum Scale RAID (GNR) is required.
- Good organizational and English communication skills, prioritization of multiple projects and objective.
- System Administration experience within UNIX and/or Windows Server environment is preferred but not required.
- Deep knowledge of storage technologies and disciplines namely, Fibre Channel, ISCSI, SCSI, NFS, CIFS, POSIX, Object Storage, SAS, SATA, FLASH (NVME, SSD, etc.), RAID, Erasure Coding, Distributed/Scale-out Storage, File systems, High-availability methods, working knowledge of databases etc. are strongly preferred.
- Understanding networking protocols and connectivity preferred.
- Understanding Server and Client OS and interaction, virtualization, performance, and capacity management strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in the following vendor products is preferred but not required:
- Brocade SAN switches/FOS
- NetApp 7mode and cDOT
- NetApp Engenio
- HDS Storage Arrays/HCP
- Veritas Storage Foundation Suite.
- Development experience, possibly including Perl and UNIX shell, Python, JAVA and/or C++ programming skills are a big plus.
- Critical to the success of the service will be an ability to work thoroughly and diligently but also quickly as part of a combined client and supplier support team.
- Must hold at least a current DV (E)
- Company premises in Newbury, plus regular visits to client premises in Hampshire and London
- Must have own transport available for business use and a current driving licence (E)