Posted on Sep 29, 2020 by Simpson Booth Ltd.
Simpson Booth are supporting a major IT business consultancy with the recruitment of two Senior IT Consultants specialised in data architecture for a highly attractive contract at their end customer's office, based in the beautiful sunny coast of Alicante, Spain.
This is an excellent opportunity to secure a new beach-front lifestyle, working in a guaranteed long-term contract on an English-speaking project for a prestigious institution.
This is a 100% on-site, freelancer position with an initial duration until the end of 2020 but with the potential to be extended for 2 more years beyond this point (until end of 2022). You will be earning an attractive day rate in accordance to the affordable cost of living in Alicante of 300 EUR per day. Typically, this rate renders around 66,000 per annum, based on 220 days of work per year. Location-wise, please be advised that you will be able to work remotely from your place of residence until further notice, in line with the current travel restrictions.
Our Client's end customer is a major, highly established government institution, and you will be working from their new corporate office on the sunny beach front, playing a crucial role in the data architecture team.
The nature of the tasks that you will be responsible for and the skill set sought are as follows:
- Responsible for the design and implementation of big data solutions based on new technologies and platforms for complex business problems. The big data architect should possess the skills to combine the capabilities of heterogeneous data platforms and sources of all types of data (structured, unstructured or semi-structured), and define the standards and policies for the management of this data, and its dissemination to different actors. Should possess practical experience with data extraction and processing pipelines (including Real Time or stream-processing platforms) and demonstrated experience in systems, frameworks and tools related to data analytics and reporting. Knowledge of cloud-native architecture and infrastructure, including the SDLC and specifically the process of building and deploying big data solutions. Desirable experience in containerization frameworks and orchestrators such as Docker and Kubernetes. Experience and knowledge in the industrialization, installation and deployment of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science systems (such as Machine Learning models, Natural Language Processing systems or Chatbots)
- Provision of advice and assistance in any area associated with the procurement, provision, delivery, maintenance, deployment, hosting, effective use of information systems and their environments
- Provision of security technical consultancy, security assessments or other security matters associated with information system projects.
- Technical risk analysis.
- Provision of technical consultancy, technical expertise, technical evaluations in relation with information systems
Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience in Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and Automation
- Experience working with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Desirable experience with Java microservices
Due to the high levels of interest in our advertised vacancies and the number of applications we receive, Simpson Booth regrets that it may not be possible to respond to all submissions. If you have not heard from Simpson Booth regarding your application within 14 days please assume that, in this instance, you have been unsuccessful.