Java Developer - Remote
Posted on Sep 25, 2020 by Grupo Norconsulting SL
Java Developer - Remote - OOAD/Azure/REST API
We are looking for a Java Developer, specialised in Azure, for a European Agency in Amsterdam.
This is a remote opportunity.
- A bachelor/master degree in IT, Computer Science or related.
- 8 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong experience in object-oriented analysis & design (OOA&D) and Java language development.
- Experience using agile software development methodologies (ie Scrum, Kanban and other lean techniques).
- Use of cloud services and architecture, serverless functions, for instance, Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with iterative and waterfall software development.
- Proven experience of REST API development or use.
- Experience in Agile techniques and principles.
- Experience in defining tasks/stories with clear estimates and prioritisation.
- Good analytical and critical reasoning applied to problem decomposition and solution.
- Fluent in English (B2 level minimum).
- Contribute to the design of robust, multi-threaded and distributed system components, deployed both on-premise and in Microsoft Azure.
- Document decisions and design solutions using standard notations such as UML and Archimate3.
- Develop high-quality code in Java language and understand the related software ecosystem (maven, Junit, mocking libraries ).
- Implement and improve continuous build and integration (eg Jenkins) processes, unit testing and code quality metrics.
- Analyse and influence functional and non-functional requirements.
- Produce clean, unit-testable and well-documented source code.