Posted on Sep 25, 2020 by Drucker and Falk, LLC
TheMaintenance/Service Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Superintendent and is responsible for performing make-ready repairs to all vacant units prior to move-in.
HVAC CERTIFIED PREFERRED.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform repairs to make-ready units in a timely manner.
* Is responsible for 24 hour on-call, as scheduled by the Maintenance Superintendent, respond to on-call paging.
* Assist the Maintenance Superintendent or Housekeeper with their work if necessary.
* Assist the Grounds personnel with trashing out units if necessary.
* Assist the Maintenance Superintendent with inventory control and utilization of maintenance materials and supplies.
* Inspect property for improvements and repairs and review with the Maintenance Superintendent.
* Perform work order requests if necessary.
* Assist the Maintenance Superintendent with maintenance requests.
* Ensure that the grounds are free of litter at all times.
* Operate and perform scheduled maintenance properly on all equipment.
* Know the location of gas and water meter emergency cut offs, all apartment and fixture cut offs, and sewer clean outs.
* Paint interior and exterior when required.
* Maintain a professional appearance in uniform and display a good attitude at all times.
* Be aware of personal hygiene and cleanliness while on the job.
* Understand the importance of a good attitude and team spirit. Work well with other staff members.
* Be cooperative in helping at another site when needed and be flexible to transfer to another property if needed.
* Assist the Property Manager or other staff members when requested.
* Perform work orders with same day completion in mind.
* Review work orders with Maintenance Superintendent on a daily basis.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Property Manager or Maintenance Superintendent.
* Responsible for adherence to policies outline outlined in Employee Handbook.
* Responsible for keeping the Maintenance shop clean and in order at all times.
* Be immediately available in the event of snow.
* Follow the Maintenance General Operating Policies.
* After-hours on call required on a rotating basis.
* Must have reliable transportation
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.