Junior IT Operations Analyst
Posted on Sep 24, 2020 by Coventry Building Society
We're looking for a Junior IT Operations Analyst to maintain the smooth operation of the Society's core applications on the data center computer systems.
You'll carry out the routine operations of the Society's core systems as necessary to ensure that systems are available as required by the business and our external customers. This will include
- Security backups and restores
- Running of overnight batch work
- Data centre security and maintenance
- Starting and stopping services as required by the business
After an appropriate amount of time you'll be competent in the following
- MS project
- Pin mailer
- OpeN/2 system - monitoring and daily maintenance
- Backup and tape management - NT and LEGATO
- Systems administration for server monitoring
- E-mail releases
- Virus check upgrade application
- Source control and deployment systems for all core applications
- Unix commands and utilities
- Korn shell programming
- Xi-batch automated job scheduler
- Automated SUMMIT schedule
- CLAXON alert monitor
- A working knowledge of various elements for ORACLE
Other essential information:
Contracted hours per week: 38.5
This position is on a shift rota basis providing a 24/7 level of on-site support.
Shift hours may change around month end periods, any infrastructure implementations and DR tests. The candidate must have a flexible attitude to working hours as priority is given to the business requirements.
It is essential that the successful candidate holds a full driving license as frequent visits to our DR site take place at least twice a week.