Posted on Sep 24, 2020 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Methods are looking for an application operations engineer/Developer to work on a 10 month fixed term contract to support, manage and maintain a single complex application or a suite of applications, following established playbooks and working with teams to proactively spot issues to prevent incidents and service outages.
You will have:
- Experience with developing citizen facing services using programming languages and frameworks comprising of Back End/Front End service architecture written in: Spring Boot, Python 3.8, Flask. Relevant skill level: Practitioner.
- Experience with deploying, troubleshooting and monitoring applications deployed onto GCP K8s using Helm. Relevant skill level: Working.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling in a DevOps environment: GitHub, Concourse, Gradle, Terraform. Relevant skill level: Working.
- Experience with testing frameworks and tooling
- Experience with messaging platforms and integration frameworks
- Experience with structured database(s) and search such as Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL - Google Cloud, ElasticSearch etc
The role includes shift work which is payable.
Methods are the leading digital transformation partner for the UK public sector. We care deeply about making our public services better and have been doing this for 28 years.
Methods partners with a range of central government departments and agencies to transform the way the public sector operates in the UK. Our mission is to help safeguard public-facing services and apply digital thinking to make sure the future of our public services is centered around citizens.
Methods not only care about their clients and associates but they also really care about their employees, we are committed to your learning and development and making sure you get the chance to work on some truly innovative projects.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£43k - £48k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£425 - £475 Daily
£40k - £65k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£40 - £70 Hourly
£35k - £45k Annual