Posted on Sep 23, 2020 by CareerLink
3350 NW 119th Street Miami Florida 33167-2902
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A career with Valmont is a career with a future! Valmont is a global manufacturing company with employment opportunities around the world for qualified candidates. Wherever you live, whatever you do, chances are Valmont is part of your life: Lighting and traffic poles that guide your way; Utility poles that bring power to your home and business; Communication poles and towers that enable your wireless communications; Irrigation equipment that brings much-needed water to cropland while conserving fresh water resources; and, long-lasting finishes that improve products around the world every day. Valmont needs YOU to make it all possible!
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Maintenance Technician position in the Miami - Florida Coatings site. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will maintain and repair all Galvanizing equipment within the Global Coatings Division. Additionally, you will...
* Perform light electrical work to repair or maintain company equipment including cranes, hoists, motors and drives
* Install and configure new equipment as well as dismantle and replace defective or old parts and machines
* Plan and manage the repair and maintenance of all equipment and buildings
* Adjust necessary equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation
* Contribute to the management of the safety and environmental programs
* Assist in the overall initiatives to improve the productivity and efficiency of the Miami operation.
What it takes
* Three years of previous experience in an Industrial Maintenance position
* A working knowledge of pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems including material handling equipment
* The ability to demonstrate mechanical/basic electrical knowledge through testing
* Significant electrical knowledge of 480/220 3-phase and 110 volt
* The ability to climb and work from ladders, man lifts, bridge cranes, and roofs in excess of 80 ft.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
* The ability to pay close attention to detail and follow work instructions
* Two years of previous experience operating hand and/or power tools
* The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* An Associate's or Technical degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field
* Six years of previous experience in an Industrial Maintenance position
* Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
* A knowledge of chemistry to understand our material preparation and galvanizing processes
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regarding to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$29.2k - $40.9k Annual