Senior Scientist, Basel
Posted on Sep 23, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Our client, a Global Swiss Pharmaceutical company based in Basel, who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking Senior Scientists on an urgent basis for an initial 12 months with a strong likelihood for extension for their Basel site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, interpreting and reporting results of scientific experiments for timely supply of drug substances (DS) and drug products (DP).
- Performing raw data checks for externalized activities
Support writing & reviewing analytical documents (eg Analytical methods, Specifications, Validation reports, Stability reports, Batch records for stability and release testing) and aligning the corresponding activities within a global project team.
- Managing interactions with internal and external stakeholders, including outsourced activities to CROs by providing scientific and technical guidance whenever necessary.
- Proactively identifying scientific, technological and GMP challenges, propose creative solutions and communicate key issues to the Analytical Project Leader or respective technical project team.
- Working according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, Quality Directives, Health and Safety & internal guidelines.
The successful incumbent will possess:
- Minimum: Master in analytical chemistry, equivalent or Jr. PhD
- At least 4 years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a track record in GMP activities for development or marketed products.
- Profound expertise in analytical raw data documentation
- Broad scientific knowledge in chemistry, pharmaceutical or analytical sciences, ability to perform in a highly dynamic environment.
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools (eg HPLC, LC-MS, Quality management systems, statistical evaluation tools ...) .
- Good knowledge of commonly used software and computer tools.
- Good scientific/technical writing skills.
- Fluent in English (oral and writing), German a plus
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.