Service Associate - Occasional Part Time - Dietary - Southwest Medical
Posted on Sep 23, 2020 by Integris Health
Job Code: 6316
The Service Associate oversees all daily activities that take place in the tray-line, dish-room, and patient care areas necessary in the preparation and serving of all patient meals and nourishments. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status. INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Service Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ensures all food items, supplies and serving utensils are obtained as necessary for tray assembly
* Assembles trays per patient menu selections and standard portions as specified
* Delivers trays and food carts within the established time frames
* Supervises delivery and retrieval of patient meals, including late trays
* Communicates with nursing staff concerning any issues relevant to patient meal service and takes appropriate action
The Service Associate reports to Food Service Operations Lead.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Constantly; activity exists 2/3 or more of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Heavy (Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Exposure to web surfaces, hot equipment, and chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
* Requires sufficient education to read, write, comprehend, and carry out directions
* 6 months of work experience related to menu categories, tray checking, equipment, and operation procedures preferred