Data Centre Operations Coordinator
Posted on Sep 23, 2020 by ITech Consult
ICT Data Centre Operations Coordinator
Our client works on behalf of the Government of Ireland to support communities and local agencies toward achieving social inclusion and development.
They are looking for an ICT Data Centre Operations Coordinator.
Responsible for coordinating and supporting the data centre operations including all ICT systems at multiple On- Premise and Cloud locations as well as playing a key role in identifying, evaluating operational strategies on new systems, enhancement existing systems and ensuring our client's Data Centre operations achieve the highest level of availability, reliability and security
* Manage all aspects of hardware and virtual infrastructure and third-party support including, VMware vSphere, IBM Storwize SAN, HPE and Lenovo Servers and Brocade Switches
* Responsible for success of Backup, Replication and Recovery using Veeam and VMware SRM
* Monitor and plan for capacity and performance
* Ensure enterprise hardware, software and related services are patched and hardened
* Implement best practice service methodologies including Disaster Recovery, Capacity Planning, Incident Management, Change Management and Infrastructure Monitoring.
* Responsible for Disaster Recovery processes and procedures, including backups, testing and site recovery management
* Constantly improve all of our client's Data Centre related processes and procedures
* Adopt a risk management approach to Data Centre operations and ensure risk logs are created and managed
* Maintain all windows server environments
* Maintain and support on premise/cloud Microsoft based software suite and company related applications/databases which includes Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange/Office 365, SQL, SharePoint 2010, 2016, Dynamics CRM/CRM 365, WSUS, System centre Configuration Manager, Azure
* Provide and support other company's third-party applications ie TMS, PSA, Microsoft Power BI
* Administration and maintenance of a number of SQL databases
* Provide L2/L3 escalation point for company systems and infrastructure support for ICT Helpdesk
* Ensure enterprise hardware, company applications, software and related services are patched, secure and hardened ie align to ISO 27001 standard
* Define, implement and maintain standards to control and monitor user access is keep secure to include all system, databases and applications.
* Provide comprehensive documentation for Pobal systems
* Act as key SLA contact with external suppliers and monitor supplier performance and escalate as necessary
* Liaise closely with ICT unit leads to ensure the ICT function collaborates and works effectivity together
* Take a role in proposing innovative ideas and solutions
* Allocate work, develop staff and ensure effective relationships in a team working context
* Some out hours work may be required to minimise downtime.
* Any other duties within the general requirement of this job description.
* Customer Service & Support
* Building & Maintaining Relationships
* Problem solving & decision making
* Project Management
* Leadership & Management
* Results driven
* Flexibility & Adaptability
* Organisation Awareness
* A proven record of ICT systems support and development and at least 5 years' experience in:
- VSphere (Certification desirable)
- Active Directory (Certification desirable)
* Excellence in DR strategy and implementation
* Experience working in a hosted data centre operation
* Demonstrated Organisational Skills
* Relevant Third Level ICT qualification (eg Degree) or equivalent technical Certification is essential
Nice to Have(s):
* ITIL Certification
* Experience of SQL server backup and maintenance
* Experience in Azure, O365, SharePoint, CRM and PowerBI
* Experience in Change Control process
* Experience in ISO 27001 process
* Knowledge of the workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 919659FK
Role: Data Centre Operations Coordinator
Industry: Non Profit
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract until 31/12/21
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.