SAP BFC Expert - Remote Freelance Contract - 6+ months
Posted on Sep 23, 2020 by SystemsAccountants
SAP BFC Freelance Contract
Project Duration: 6-12 months
Location: Remote working with some limited travel to Spain (only if safe to do so of course).
Join a fast growing stock-listed company within the Finance department as part of the agile Financial Systems and Reporting Systems team. You will support the Financial Systems Manager by taking the lead on administering the SAP BFC tool end-to-end, ensuring the solution is up and running to the business users at all times. Alongside this, there will be plenty of projects, so further opportunities to experience new technologies may also be possible, while acting as the SME for SAP BFC.
- Improve SAP BFC Technical and Functional system requirements
- Ensure the changes are in line with the SAP BFC systems roadmap and wider finance systems and transformation roadmap
- Ensuring the application is at optimal performance levels and users are well supported by the rest of the team
- Design and deliver all BFC change requests and system improvements in combination with the direction of the head of finance systems
- Proactively look for improvements in system and process within the group
- Develop the tool including changes to consolidation rules
- Drive improvements in Finance Master Data
- Work closely with users to ensure the system is well utilized, drive training and best practices
- University degree in Information Systems or possibly Accounting/Finance
- 4+ year of professional experience with SAP BFC, either in consulting or at a final client site
- Must be able to write rules and script
- Ideally strong Finance process (consolidation & IFRS) understanding - not just technical knowledge
- Must have fluent English
- Must have EU citizenship or right to work in Spain
In this position you will be part of a dynamic team constantly seeking to improve the status quo. The company is in the midst of major transformation across the business including new systems implementations. You will help implement new IFRS reporting within the group and future proof the business for the years to come in terms of their reporting systems and landscape.
To discuss this get in touch with Geoff Coleman email your CV to (see below)