Posted on Sep 23, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
I am currently recruiting for a Network Engineer to work for a minimum of 6 months contract (+ likely extension) in Antwerp, Belgium.
Primary Tasks and responsibilities requested for the Network Engineer role in Antwerp:
* Development and support of the network environment (LAN/WAN, including Voice).
* 1st and 2nd line network infrastructure support to the Helpdesk and end-users in case of non-routine problems (eg software bugs, hardware bugs, hardware problems, configuration problems, etc.)
* Network monitoring, incident, and troubleshooting
* Analyse and troubleshoot daily network reporting.
* Create and maintain standard procedures (SOP'S) on behalf of the daily operational environment to offer solutions for problems and actions that can be solved on a routine basis
* Development, screening, and maintaining current and new network tools
* Initiate and cooperate in network improvement, installation, and migration projects.
* Write, correct, and maintain the proper network documentation.
* Create, test, and maintain service recovery procedures and plans.
Technical requirements for the Network Engineer role in Antwerp:
* Experience in networking, preferably in large international environments
* Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers Other network equipment knowledge is a plus
* Able to work with or experience with network monitoring tools
* TCP/IP - VoIP
* Basic knowledge of routing protocols
* Experience with incident management of a complex network and the relevant network management tools
Methodology/Certification requirements for the Network Engineer role in Antwerp:
* Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science OR equivalent through experience.
* Advanced course work in technical systems plus continued education in technical disciplines is preferred
* Cisco CCNA or other certification is recommended
This role is suitable for the Network Engineer who is looking to work in a professional team within a successful company.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV for consideration.