Digital Marketing Intern
Posted on Sep 22, 2020 by Babcox Media
Babcox Media is the B2B leader in the auto care, tire, performance, commercial trucking, dealership, powersports and enthusiast markets, staffed with forward-thinking, innovative, and thoughtful content creators. Babcox Media encourages personal development and collaboration among our energetic and motivated teams.
The Digital Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting in the day to day execution of all direct marketing programs (Email, SMS, Direct Mail, targeting) and reporting efforts. This internship opportunity is expected to last from October - December 2020. This is a paid internship program; a reliable vehicle is required.
Digital Marketing Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Executes all direct mail, email, and mobile campaigns - aligning with brand and marketing/corporate strategies, tracking results and ROI, and refining campaign strategies based on customer objectives and results.
- Deploy all third-party email and direct mail campaigns. Deployment could include design and copy editing of email blasts, HTML, scheduling and working within existing Babcox email and website platforms and programs.
- Deploy email and direct mail campaigns on behalf of Babcox brands. Deployment could include design and copy editing of email blasts, HTML, scheduling and working within existing Babcox email and website platforms and programs.
- Executes and deploys all topical targeting campaigns, aligning with brand and marketing/corporate strategies, tracking results and ROI, and refining campaign strategies based on customer objectives and results.
- Partner with internal editorial and sales to determine customer goals and objectives, content, and timing of topical targeting campaigns.
- Analyze performance, customer response, financial impact and insights to be used in future efforts. Proactively make recommendations based on findings.
- Develop and manage audience recruitment and retention efforts.
- Leverage 3rd party data to augment and refine customer data records and campaigns.
- Assist in developing and executing corporate marketing strategy-including in-person events, social media marketing, and marketing materials.
- Develop content for, post, and track social media content on corporate Babcox accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Assist in managing Babcox brand YouTube channels.
- Establish and provide regular detailed performance reporting to management team.
- Other duties assigned.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in media/film production, web design, communications or similar;
- At a minimum, two years of college experience, preferably in the area of video production, web design, communications or similar;
- Strong technical skills with video, audio, and photo editing software;
- Course experience in video production;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Creative skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work closely within a team environment;
- Excellent attention to creative details;
- Current experience in and knowledge of various digital media, social platforms, and video;
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines;
- Familiarity with WordPress web content management system a plus;
- Computer proficient: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position for purposes of federal wage and hour law. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. We have the ability to work with a student's schedule but would like to have the intern at Babcox Media in three- to four-hour blocks of time.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Babcox Media, Inc. to the attention of Barbara Kimbrew at (see below) No phone calls please.