Posted on Sep 22, 2020 by Babcox Media
Babcox Media is the B2B leader in the auto care, tire, performance, commercial trucking, dealership, powersports and enthusiast markets, staffed with forward-thinking, innovative, and thoughtful content creators. Babcox Media encourages personal development and collaboration among our energetic and motivated teams.
The editorial intern will research, write, and edit relevant information for a variety of publications in print and online. The editorial intern will be responsible for the production, quality, and distribution of multimedia content, which could include print magazines, websites, e-newsletters, social media, videos, automated email marketing systems and podcasts. The intern will share responsibility in the job of editing, proofreading, and posting content, as well as curating and gathering content. The intern will participate in staff meetings and assist in the day-to-day activities during production of assigned print and digital magazines.
This internship opportunity is from October to December 2020. This is a paid internship program that allows students to earn course credit upon completion of the program. A reliable vehicle or other form of transportation is required.
- Researching, reporting, and writing assigned articles.
- Copyediting through all stages of the editorial process.
- Providing editorial help for specific sections or articles for a variety of publications.
- Posting content on digital properties.
- Assist editors by growing and enhancing the social media presence of all properties.
- Works collaboratively with other editors and graphic designers.
- Recently pursuing a bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related experience and education;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work closely within a team environment.
- Excellent attention to editorial details.
- Experience and knowledge of social media platforms.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Familiarity with WordPress web content management systems.
- Computer proficient: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position for purposes of federal wage and hour law. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. We have the ability to work with a student's schedule but would like to have the intern available in three- to four-hour blocks of time.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Babcox Media, Inc. to the attention of Barbara Kimbrew at (see below) No phone calls please.