Healthcare Data Management
Posted on Sep 21, 2020 by Rx-info Ltd
This is an excellent opportunity for a new science or maths graduate or qualified pharmacist/ pharmacy technician looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic team at the leading edge of pharmacy information systems. The role will be suited to those with an interest in assisting the NHS to achieve best practice and cost-effective prescribing.
The successful candidate will be an adaptable and enthusiastic individual with a good knowledge of IT and meticulous attention to detail.
It is required that the candidate is able to follow standard operating procedures and work under their own initiative as part of a small team.
Rx-info is located on the outskirts of Exeter and our core business is in fulfilling the information needs of NHS Secondary Care pharmacy.
The primary duties will include:
- Mapping data received from secondary care trusts to the standard terminology, dm+d
- Ongoing and consistent review of the data to ensure the highest levels of accuracy
- Updating and reviewing standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Monitoring external data sources such as NICE and Cancer Drugs Fund for updates and updating data accordingly
In addition, the job holder will receive full training and will gain a good understanding of:
- value of benchmarking secondary care drug utilisation data
- the standard terminology used in the NHS
- the work of NICE in relation to drug appraisals
While experience within the Healthcare or IT industry would be advantageous, the role would also suit a new science graduate who is looking for a career in healthcare informatics.
This is a full-time role based in the company's offices in Exeter though we will consider part-time or flexible working arrangements. Rx-info staff are currently working from home, but plan to return to our office when appropriate and safe to do so. This new role will be fully supported whether remote or on site.
If you are interested in applying, please click APPLY NOW to send a CV and cover letter to before 5pm Friday 15 th October 2020.
Call or visit our website for more information.