Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Sep 20, 2020 by Connecticut Hospital Association
ChimeNet is a data networking service provider offering innovative information technology (IT) solutions and 24/7/365 support for businesses where data transfer and security cannot be compromised. ChimeNet delivers unsurpassed security, reliability, and cost effectiveness to its healthcare, education, municipal, and other business clients who need to share content-sensitive information, access the Internet securely, and deploy state of the art networking equipment. ChimeNets co-location facility supports customer disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
By designing, delivering, monitoring, and managing turnkey network security solutions, ChimeNet meets the evolving needs of every client.
Lead the development, design, implementation, test, and support of ChimeNet solutions based on clients business and technology needs, with an emphasis on network security. This position is responsible for delivering and supporting solutions that ensures client/partner satisfaction. Willingness to accept rotational on-call responsibilities is an essential component of the job.
* Use knowledge of Boarder/WAN/WLAN systems to help design and install all internal (ChimeNet) and external (customer) based networks.
* Configure and deploy Cisco ASA firewalls with FirePOWER technology and other leading network security technologies (CheckPoint, Palo Alto, FortiGate).
* Configure, implement, and support routers using various routing protocols, including BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF.
* Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent years of experience, plus 10 years of experience designing, installing and supporting local and wide area network equipment
* Cisco Certified Network Professional certification required. Cisco Security, Routing and Switching, and Wireless certifications desired. All other Network Security certifications a plus.
* Ability to configure, implement and support Cisco based routers and switches, Wireless Access-Points, and Wireless LAN Controllers
* Knowledge and experience in Telco/WAN services such as Metro Ethernet, MPLS, DSL, Lit & Dark Fiber, and Cable Internet/Ethernet services
* Knowledge and experience in a broad range of IT infrastructure technologies, including Active Directory, LDAP, Email Encryption, and NFS
* Working knowledge of public cloud providers AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
* Demonstrated installation and troubleshooting skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written; responsive to customer needs
* Project management experience and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities
* Ability to work in a fast and flexible environment, particularly on critical care and on-call duties
* Ability to understand political landscape within client/partner organizations
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.