Senior Java Developer
Posted on Sep 20, 2020 by Verizon
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies
and find ways to meet our customers needs and make it easy for them to do
business with us. You will work fairly independently on more complex
operational & technical projects, issues, systems and applications. You will
use your experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more
difficult and infrequent.
* Designs and implements :Simplified mobile UX/UI for business/mission
critical application using React.
* Design and implement a highly scalable and performant backend
infrastructure to support a responsive desktop/mobile UX using multiple
AWS services like ECS/EKS/Lambda, Elasticache, Aurora PostgreSQL etc. and
Graphql/REST APIs using Go/Node.js.Chat bots using Google dialogflow &
RPA Bots using Automation Anywhere to reduce handling time of business
* Use a data driven approach and develop AI/ML algorithms that eliminate/
reduce manual work in the business processes.
* Work with/lead a team of onshore/offshore IT developers and QA engineers
to develop highly secure & quality software using Agile Scrum methodology
/ DevSecOps tools like JIRA,GitHub, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, Ansible
* Collaborates with multiple IT/non-IT stakeholders from Engineering,
Network Inventory, Activation, Circuit Testing, and Dispatch domains to
drive adoption of the new digital transformation experience.
* Works with UAT and Production Support teams to get software certified and
deployed in Production.
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements
workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use
cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
* Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile
conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up
from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish
user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal
customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and
deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional/Business
Requirements, High Level Architecture, System Requirements etc.
* Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
* Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of
* Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will
successfully execute their plans.
* Serves as the conduit between the business/customer community and the
software development team through which requirements flow.
* Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
* Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the
technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance
* Be the liaison between the business units, technology, support and IT
What we re looking for...
* Bachelor s degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel.
* Bachelor s or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer
Information Systems, or Electrical/Electronic Engineering followed by
four or more years of progressive experience developing solutions on
public cloud infrastructure, mobility architecture, tablets, and android/
* Networking business domain expertise.
* Experience developing provisioning workflows that provide for automated
provisioning & workforce management.
* Experience using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management
systems and methodologies.
* Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a
thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and
translate them into application and operational requirements.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to
interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and
subject matter experts.
* Java/J2EE programming experience including Servlets, Hibernate, etc.
* UNIX, C/C++ programming experience.
* React-Native mobile programming experience.
* UX design experience.
* AWS services like EKS/Lambda, Elasticache, EMR, DynamoDB, Aurora
* Graphql/REST APIs development using Go/Node.js.
* Google Dialogflow experience.
* Experiene designing and developing 2/3-tier application with RDBMS.
* Experience with application servers like Weblogic or Websphere or Jboss.
* Experience with XML/JSON, REST, SOAP, Web Services, and Web applications.
* GitHub or similar source control system experience.
* PL/SQL, packages, procedures and functions.
* Working knowledge of Perl or shell scripting.
* Ability to quickly perform proof-of-concepts for validating new
technology or approach.
When you join Verizon...
You ll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that s transformin
people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide
the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to
5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making
communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you ll have the
ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We
offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every
role. Together we ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees'
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes
Job Family: TEC
Business Unit: STDBU
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.